January 18, 2013

DIY: Gilded Ball Drop Earrings


I love browsing through online stores and most of the time I come across stuff that I think I can DIY - I encourage myself to DIY most things to save up money as well as to hone my noncreativity. LOL. Anyway, this time around I was browsing around Hautelook and saw these cute drop earrings - and it sparked some inspiration in me to do something similar. Read on to find out how I made these!

Here's my inspiration piece:

Boho and Bourbon Bone Earrings, Hautelook.com
You will need the following:
Wood beads - buy them at any craft store or online, they're pretty easy to find
Nail Polish - the design is achieved by layering; I used a white, light gray, sheer matte white and gold polish
Aluminum foil
Sponge
Bamboo skewer
Thin jewelry chain - you have to make sure the chain fits the holes of the wooden beads
Earring hooks
Jump rings




Skewer your wood beads and rest them on something similar like this - this will make painting them easier and with less flaws. Put a piece of newspaper or something to catch the drips.

Paint with your white polish - I used Wet n' Wild's French White Creme. Wait for it to dry.

Scrunch up your aluminum foil and paint it with your light gray polish - I used Sally Hansen's Eel Skin. Roll your dried up ball on the foil. 
  
It should look like this. Looks like jawbreakers o.o..or the moon. Haha.

Now, take your sheer white matte polish - here I used Revlon's Powder Puff, and paint the beads as uniformly as you can. Fill up the nicks and such with the matte polish. You'll notice that it'll show bumps and such when it's drying up - just carefully roll them in your hands until you get a smooth-ish finish.

Now take your sponge and dab some of the gold polish on it, then dab the sponge lightly on your beads. I used China Glaze's Passion, which incidentally is a great polish for konading! :)

Your bead should look like this - anyway, now, assemble your earring. Thread the bead onto the chain like so.


Next, attach the ends like so. And you are do-o-one! :D Easy right?


I love the final texture/pattern the beads have now. You won't think they're wood beads at all.


So there, another adornment for your collection. What have you been busying yourselves with? I hope you craft something this weekend. If you've enjoyed this post, leave me a comment as you know it makes me really happy. Anyway, enjoy the weekend! :D

PS. Yes, as you have noticed the Facebook Page link isn't up yet, but you can like it here. Please do, and share it too! Thank you :)

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

14 comments :

  1. This is so great! Thanks for sharing your awesome DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You're good. Very good! I love all of your DIY's. I have a blog too. Hope you can visit it. More power on Minted Strawberry!
    sheenaamoranto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I'm a 13 years old crafter check out my blog inluvwithcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Can't wait to make some!
    TiD

    ReplyDelete
  5. yah, this is awesome! thanks for sharing! i have to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mate! I was searching the internet when I got into your blog!
    And I Have quickly saw the thing I had been searching for.
    I completely like this webpage. Domains that contain such a great text are much more better.
    I could recommend you to keep writing such a high quality posts. It was my enjoyment to check your topic.
    Check my webpage and check completely free top eleven hack, visit http://hack-top-eleven.blogspot.com/.
    Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening! I had been surfing the net before I found your webpage! And I Have after a long time saw the stuff I have been looking for! I completely like this domain! Domains with such a full of text are much easier to read. I should suggest you to keep writing such a high quality posts. It was my pleasure to see your story. Navigate to my site and gain totally free of charge
    farmville 2 hack and
    free riot points.
    Take care.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi friend..
    These earrings look amazing. From past few years everybody is being dragged towards fashion accessories. I really loved all these fashion earrings. These earrings would go with all types of dresses. The designs are very cool and funky. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty cool place I like it because it has everything I want more on this blog soon.

    bubblegum casting reviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS