December 04, 2013

Free Printable: Joy to the World Chalkboard Print


What have you guys been up to? Me, I've been procrastinating. A really REALLY bad habit of mine. Remember when I posted these cardboard star ornaments a few weeks ago? Yep, I've started decorating then, and up until now, I haven't finished decorating the living room. I know, it's really bad isn't it? Well, the other day I finished designing the print (using another font I'm so obsessed with these days) I was planning to put up on the mantel. And here I am to show and share it with you guys! Read on to get the download!

The printable comes in a jpeg format that's sized 24" x 36" - I had it printed at Staples for $3-something bucks (in what they call an engineer print). Anyway, download that here


Initially I was thinking of having dad cut up a 24" x 36" board and some framing pieces, but then there really wasn't any time for it - add to the fact that I still have to stain the wood (it's still in my to-do-list, though). Soooo... I looked for alternatives. I found this trial-and-error framing piece I made ages ago that's a bit worn-looking and I cut my print up and angled it less to fit the frame perfectly. 


You can mod podge it on a 24" x 36" canvas (I had one laying around, but then I cut up my print already by the time I found it ._.) Needless to say, even with the trials and errors, I like the way it turned out. I still need to add more to the mantel, but hey, I still have 20ish days, right? LOL.


Yes, this is the only part of the house that I've decorated so far. I'll hopefully be able to finish before the next Christmas. Hahaha. Hope you like this print, guys, and happy decorating!

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments :

  1. Wow, great chalkboard print! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful!!!! Oh and for those earrings, I like the pearl one and the gold-scallop thing the most.

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angeline! And I love the scalloped one the most so I kept that for myself, the rest I gave away. Heehee :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS