May 01, 2014

DIY: 'Shopping is My Cardio' Statement Make-up Pouch

Happy May 1st! This means Mother's Day is just a week and some days away. I don't know about you - but my mom absolutely loves shopping. Who am I kidding? Most women do. That's why for Mother's Day I thought about making her this pouch for her make-up essentials. This project turned out so well in my opinion that I'm thinking of making a matching grocery tote for her to bring during her shopping trips. I made it using my Silhouette machine but best of all, you can make it without! Download the free design (available both in .studio and JPEG versions) at the end of this post to make your own, but meanwhile, read on how I made it!


SUPPLIES:

I whipped up a simple pouch for this project, but you can easily buy a ready-made one for cheap. You can also re-size the design to embellish a canvas tote (I just love canvas totes) or even a shirt.


Re-size the design to fit your pouch, tote or shirt. For Silhouette users, cut the design (already flipped for your convenience!) and weed. I used the free black HTV I got from Happy Crafters (thanks Happy Crafters!) and some extra red HTV left over from my Bingo tote project. :) For Non-Silhouette users, simply print the design onto a printable iron-on transfer sheet (for light fabric) and cut around it.


Then it's just as easy as ironing it onto your desired surface and then you are done!


I added black lines above and below the design to frame it --- I didn't really realize I made my pouch too big :)


As I said, I'm really happy with how this turned out so much so that I'm planning to make a tote version of it to match. What do you think, perfect for Mother's Day isn't it? :)


Have you made something for mom yet? What are your plans for Mother's Day? Tell me in the comments so I'd know what's happening with you guys! Hope your week is still fabulous :)

DOWNLOAD THIS HERE

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

8 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this D.I.Y.~! I want to try it out this weekend. Please check out my blog >w<

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love it. :) And sure thing! I'll check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to that message ^-^; It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most women can! Haha. Thanks Angeline! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cute. How creative! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! Definitely putting a mental bookmark on this.

    I was thinking about doing my own version of this temporary tattoos DIY and making a card out of the photos. But I'm running out of time! So we'll see haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro! And ooh, that is awesome - I love the graphics! Thanks for sharing that link :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google+ Follow me on Bloglovin Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS